Over the holidays my family went to Cancun and by “family” I mean my family, my sister’s family and my parents. We were a group of 15 people. As you can imagine coordinating a trip like this is no easy feat and the last time we all went somewhere tropical together was 15 years ago. So as a gift to my parents, my sister and myself I decided to hire a photographer through Flytographer.
Flytographer is an online service where you choose and book a photographer in destinations throughout the world. A photo concierge helps you plan all the details prior to your shoot and coordinates everything with your chosen photographer. After your photo shoot, your photos are emailed to you in a downloadable gallery within 5 days. It is that simple.
Given my past experiences of trying to photograph my family of 6 on vacation, I knew that hiring someone else would make getting photographs of all of us together less stressful and with less attitude (from the teenagers). Plus this way, the “session” would last longer than five minutes.
Despite the windy day, we had a great time with our Flytographer, Claudia from Cancun. She was lovely to work with and was able to capture a variety of different photographs and different group combinations. It was a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend booking a Flytographer on your next vacation. If you want to give them a try, use this link http://flytog.co/mQd7sq5 and receive $25 off your booking (and I’ll get a $25 credit for my next trip too). 🙂
So here you go…. 5 reasons why you should hire a photographer on your next family vacation.
- You’ll get to be in the pictures. If you are like me, more often than not you’re taking all the photos. When you hire a photographer you are guaranteed to be in more than 5 photos. 🙂
- You’ll have at least an hour dedicated to getting photos you’ll treasure forever. Seriously, when I try and capture photos on vacation my kids are only willing for 5 minutes.
- It’s less stressful. It was so nice to hand over the roll of photographer to someone else. I so enjoyed being a participant and not the director.
- You can avoid having to drag along all of your camera gear. I was so happy to bring just my Sony RX100 III and iPhone for this trip and not my big DSLR and heavy lenses.
- Most importantly, you’ll receive beautiful photos and vacation memories that you will cherish for a lifetime. I’m so happy to have all of these photos. They truly are the best souvenirs. I am especially happy to have the photos of my kids with their grandparents and cousins because we just don’t get to see them often enough.