I’m so excited to have a senior photo session with you. I know we are going to have a great time capturing photos that showcase your style and personality. Below are a few tips to help to help you prepare so that we can get the best images….
- Now is the time to be you so wear what you love and feel most comfortable in. Pick outfits that reflect your personality. Bring one casual outfit and one that is a little more dressy. We’ll have fun getting a variety of different looks.
- Be sure to try on your outfits before the photo shoot. It’s important that everything fits well and that you feel comfortable in your outfits. If you don’t like how something fits you or how it looks in the mirror, you won’t like it in a photograph.
- Iron any clothes that need to be pressed and be sure to hang these items up so they don’t get wrinkly before your shoot.
- Make sure you have the proper undergarments. We don’t want to have bra straps distracting from your cute outfit or see patterned bras showing through your top. The best bra for photos is a neutral, well fitting, strapless one. 🙂
- A few things to keep in mind regarding color and patterns…. the camera doesn’t like thin stripes or tiny prints…..they can often look pixelated. As far as color goes, bright colors, jewel tones etc are always great. If one of your outfits has a pattern, I recommend that your second outfit has a solid color piece.
- Feel free to send me photos of what you plan to wear if you have any questions. I’m happy to help you plan what to wear and provide you with additional suggestions.
Accessories and Props:
- Accessories are a great way to add a little pop to your photos. Bold necklaces, floppy hats, or a well-loved pair of boots are all great pieces that can showcase your style.
- If you have a special interest, feel free to bring an item that represents that side of you. Whether it is a soccer ball, favorite book, pet or hobby bring it along and we will have fun finding creative ways to incorporate it into your shoot.
- Don’t worry about finding shoes to go with every outfit. The majority of our photos will be focused on your beautiful face. But if you have a favorite pair of heels or some cute Converse shoes that you want to showcase, by all means bring them.
- Nails: Be sure to have manicured nails. You don’t need to have fresh polish but chipped nails will be a distraction.
- Hair: If you are planning on getting a haircut, do so at least two weeks in advance. You don’t want to try out a new hairstyle the week of your photos. If you have time and want to go to a blow out bar, that is always a great little extra primping treat.
- Breakouts: Don’t worry if an unexpected blemish pops up. I can easily retouch your photos.
While you may be a bit nervous before your session, don’t worry. I will do my best to help you feel comfortable and at ease. I will guide you through poses, facial expressions and locations and I promise it will be terrific.
I’m so excited to work with you and look forward to our time together!