As a branding photographer, I know how important it is to show your face and connect with your followers online through photos. I thought I would walk you through how I planned my own photo shoot earlier this year with my friend and fellow photographer @jenvazquezphotography.
Before my session I thought about the types of images I would need/want to help me market my business. I wanted images that could help me tell the story of my business as well as give my followers an idea of some of my interests. Here are a few of the thoughts behind the images you see below…..
1. I knew I wanted images that showed me working behind the scenes. So first up were images of me working on my computer.
2. I also wanted images that told the story of how I help my clients prepare for their branding shoots. So we incorporated the branding questionnaire I send to clients into a few of the shots.
3. I also offer Instagram training workshops, so of course I wanted photos of me on my phone and images that showed me creating Instagram Stories.
4. I’m also a big fan of books related to photography. So I brought along one of my favorite inspirational books, See San Francisco.
5. And lastly, I wanted an updated head shot that I could use on my website and LinkedIn. We captured a couple of different looks so I could have a bit of variety.
I’m so glad I have this library of images to help me market my business. These images have been so useful and you’ll see many of these in past posts if you scroll through my feed.
If you are interested in creating your own library of images, I’d love to chat with you. I also have a free branding checklist that will help you think through the types of images you need for your website and social media. You can download it here.